Industrials People Moves: Winter 2017/2018
by Nick Behan, Director at Norman Broadbent Interim
High profile moves within the manufacturing sector haven’t been slowing down recently. Organisations have been investing in talent at the top level in spite of the economic uncertainty. The following appointments have all taken place across the wider manufacturing marketplace over the Winter months in 2017/2018.
If you would like to discuss the manufacturing practice or how Norman Broadbent can help your business, please contact Nick Behan on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 207 484 0106.
- Kevin Cummings was Chief Executive of GKN’s aerospace arms and was due to become Chief Executive of GKN in January 2018 but has left with immediate effect after the board said the company needed ‘alternative leadership’.
- Stephen Young, outgoing chief executive of Meggitt, has joined the board of Wier Group as a non-executive director.
- Tom Enders, chief executive of Airbus, and COO Fabrice Bregier are both leaving Airbus. Enders leaves in 2019 while Bregier will leave February 2018.
- Brett Simpson, chief executive of Low & Bonar, is moving to Fenner. This move saw Low & Bonar’s stock fall by 19.6%.
- Harry Holt, president of Rolls-Royce’s nuclear division, is moving to head of HR at the company despite having no direct experience of human resources. He is replacing current HR boss Mary Humiston.
- James Baird, a former Deloitte partner, has joined Macfarlane Group’s board as a non-executive director.
- Jessica Mitchell has joined ABB as Head of Investor Relations.
- Simon Peckham, chief executive of Melrose Industries will become non-executive director of Greensphere Capital when it lists on the stock market for about £400m.
- Senior has appointed Ian King as its Chairman, he will join in April.
- Arup has appointed Tai Chong Chew as Global Rail Leader.