Rail & Infrastructure People Moves
High profile moves within the rail & infrastructure sector haven’t been slowing down recently. Organisations have been investing in talent at the top level in spite of the economic uncertainty. The following appointments have all taken place across the wider manufacturing marketplace over the past few months
If you would like to discuss the rail & infrastructure practice or how Norman Broadbent can help your business, please contact Nick Behan on firstname.lastname@example.org or Bob Caton at email@example.com
- Andrew Haines, the current boss of the Civil Aviation Authority, will join Network Rail as CEO.
- Citroen, a major French automobile manufacturer, part of the PSA Peugeot Citroen group, has appointed Karl Howkins as its UK managing director.
- Three60 Energy A FLEDGLING energy service group has announced the appointment of Walter Thain as its North Sea chief executive.
- ITM Power (AIM: ITM), the energy storage and clean fuel company, is pleased to announce the appointment of Andrew Charles Allen, 36, currently CFO, to the Board of the Company as Finance Director with immediate effect.
- Current Stagecoach London Engineering Director Darren Roe and current Stagecoach East Midlands Managing Director Michelle Hargreaves will also be taking up lead roles within the Business Change team. Darren will be the programme lead for safety and engineering, whilst Michelle will lead on people, wellbeing, and employee engagement. As a result, the following changes to Stagecoach regional operating company directors will also take place: Current Stagecoach Cumbria and North Lancashire Managing Director Matthew Cranwell will become Managing Director, Stagecoach East Midlands, effective from JulyCurrent Stagecoach North Scotland Managing Director Mark Whitelocks, will take on the role of Managing Director, Stagecoach Cumbria and North Lancashire from mid June Chris Remnant, currently Engineering Director, Stagecoach South, has been appointed Engineering Director, Stagecoach London
- First State Investments has appointed Nick Grant as director of infrastructure investments to its European Direct Infrastructure division.
- The Go-Ahead Group plc has announced that Martijn Gilbert has been appointed as the new managing director of Go North East, its bus business in Newcastle.
- Air France-KLM put in place an interim leadership team yesterday following the shock resignation of the airline’s previous chief over a pay dispute with staff earlier this month.
- A three-person management committee has been set up led by Frédéric Gagey, group chief financial officer who will now also serve as the group’s chief executive.
- The other two members of the committee, which will take decisions collectively, are Franck Terner, the CEO of Air France and Pieter Elbers, the CEO of KLM, who will both serve as deputy CEOs
- Helen Simms has been appointed as Costain’s capability director for consultancy, which will see her build on the company’s already strong credentials in providing engineering and advisory services to clients in Costain’s key sectors.
- Uber said Jamie Heywood would join as Uber’s new regional general manager for northern and eastern Europe from Amazon next month, a remit which covers 110,000 drivers in 12 countries including Britain.
- Mace has announced the appointment of its first ever Chief Technical Officer, Stephen Jeffery.
- UPS has named Mark Vale as president of its businesses in the UK, Ireland and Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) to lead investment and expansion activities.
- Biomass wood pellet company Y Pellets has appointed Chris Wilson as its new general manager.
- Jaguar Land Rover names Grant McPherson executive director-manufacturing, taking over from Wolfgang Stadler, who is retiring.
- After an extensive search, Caterpillar said Friday it had chosen Andrew Bonfield of Britain’s National Grid to replace Brad Halvorson as chief financial officer.
- Safestyle UK PLC (SFE.LN) said on Tuesday that it has appointed Michael Gallacher as its chief executive with immediate effect, taking over from Steve Birmingham.
- Tarmac, the sustainable building materials and construction solutions business, has bolstered its Contracting senior management team with the appointment of Andy Brown as Director, Tarmac Infrastructure.
- Red Funnel has announced the appointment of Fran Collins as its new chief executive officer (CEO)
- British Airways has announced that Maria Da Cunha, HR & Legal Director, is stepping down from British Airways after 17 years. Angela Williams is appointed to the role of People Director for British Airways and joins the business on June 4, 2018.