Lateral Thinkers Wanted – Research & Insight Analyst
Norman Broadbent is a well-recognised, established brand with 40 years of heritage and success. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we now operate as a highly relevant Professional Services firm in the senior-level Talent Acquisition and Advisory space. We have five complementary service lines, including Leadership and Board Search, Leadership Assessment & Consulting, Executive-Level Solutions, focussing on ‘Next Generation Talent’ and ‘Future Leaders’, Research & Insight, and a market disrupting Interim Management business.
As we continue our journey of transformational growth and expansion, Norman Broadbent are seeking to add a further three ambitious, inquisitive, creative, career-minded Research & Insight Analysts to our Research & Insight Practice (R&I).
The R&I Practice supports external Clients by providing ‘actionable intelligence’, i.e. helping inform and de-risk their decision-making process. Examples of services we offer include:
- Perception Analysis
- Talent and Competitor Benchmarking
- Talent Mapping, Pooling and Pipelining
- Compensation Analysis
- Pre-Search Due Diligence
- Diversity Analytics
- Succession Planning and Flight Risk Mitigation
- New Market Entry Analysis
- High-value, Bespoke Projects.
Internally, R&I works collaboratively with colleagues across Search, Solutions, and Interim Management ensuring they are fully prepared for Client meetings and kept abreast of sector-specific market intelligence.
The successful candidates will most likely be graduates (or recent graduates). As Analysts play a crucial role in creating and managing information, data, and knowledge on behalf of the firm, we are looking for those with excellent research skills and a genuine interest in business.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- An ability to filter large amounts of information, identify salient points, and provide relevant insights
- Excellent research skills and outstanding communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- A rigorous, methodical approach and excellent attention to detail
- Be professional, organised, and focused, with a good sense of humour
- Possess high levels of tenacity, creativity, and lateral thinking, to ensure optimum success
- The ability to cope well with unforeseen change and being able to flex accordingly
- Able to demonstrate a willingness to learn from others, whilst developing skills through hard work and tenacity
- An ability to actively assist colleagues and willingly sharing the workload
- Proactive in taking on work to support the wider Practice activities
- A proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Respectful, thoughtful, and non-hierarchical
- An ability to work well under pressure and deliver high-quality results.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to Norman Broadbent’s Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence initiatives
- Building and maintaining our knowledge base through proactively tracking and capturing information
- Play a key role in enabling the Practice to provide a timely, professional, and valued service to clients internally and externally
- Build good links and networks with colleagues throughout the company
- A shared responsibility (with Researchers and Consultants) and significant focus on ensuring that all information is gathered, captured, and entered into the system in a timely and accurate fashion
- Researching specific company and market information, including identification of individuals within a target company and regular update of organisation charts. This will also include tracking top talent in a specific sector/practice through mapping of publically available information and through collating data collected from colleagues
- Staying up to date by reading trade journals and other market publications, and passing new and/or relevant information to the Team and Consultant
- Providing research support for a portfolio of live mandates and projects and help out other team colleagues where necessary (e.g. candidate ID, target company lists, client reports, etc.)
- Provide company research packs before Client meetings with potential Clients and carrying out company and sector mappings of target areas.
What will you gain from working with us?
- The opportunity to learn about corporate life and the wider business environment
- Build a credible knowledge base in different sectors, and an ability to understand and filter large amounts of information in order to extract and provide relevant insights
- Understand how companies are structured, from Board level down, and the part each key person plays within the business (e.g. NEDs, CEO, HRD, etc. and the relationships between them)
- Meeting a number of highly regarded Executive and Non-Executive Directors from client side together with the Account Director, and getting the chance to understand their business decisions better
- Learn to work with an experienced team in order to deliver deadlines under pressure and learn best practice from them
- Gain the ability to judge a candidate’s suitability for a role – looking beyond the CV
- Learn about sectors and functions that (s)he would not regularly have exposure to, and the opportunity to specialise in a particular area if desired
- Learn ‘best practice’ in how to interact with senior executives, both over the telephone and face-to-face
- Develop a stronger attention to detail.
Our culture is formed by our people: you will be part of shaping and influencing it.
The unique portfolio of services/propositions, strong brand, impressive and innovative digital marketing techniques, and exceptional business development support, enable our colleagues to work at the very top of their chosen markets. If you would like to be part of a high-performing, collegiate and successful culture offering exceptional personal and career development opportunities, please contact our Group Head of Talent, Steve Salter, for an initial confidential discussion via email@example.com or 0207 3556 935.