Industrials Practice People Moves: September 2018
Over recent months we have seen continued investment in top-level talent for businesses, despite the increasing economic uncertainty facing organisations.
The following Industrial appointments have all taken place across the wider manufacturing sector over the last few months.
- Former Nama executive Mary Birmingham has joined Irish housebuilder Glenveagh Properties.
- STEWART Milne Group has appointed its group finance director Stuart MacGregor to the newly created post of chief operating officer. The move comes following a review of the housebuilder and timber manufacturer’s overall group structure.
- James Hardie Industries PLC, the world’s top fiberboard maker, said on Friday that Jack Truong, president of the company’s international businesses, will replace Chief Executive Louis Gries.
- Claude Lora has been appointed cement director at the Global Cement & Concrete Association (GCCA), which was set up earlier this year with ten founding member companies.
- The Glasgow-based packaging firm MACFARLANE Group has appointed Andrea Dunstan to its board as a non-executive director.
- Johnson Service Group has appointed Christopher (Chris) Francis Girling to the board as an independent non-executive director with effect from 29 August.
- Former Carillion managing director Mark Davies has been appointed to the same position at Balfour Beatty and Vinci’s HS2 joint venture.
- MILLER HOMES Miller Homes, a large UK national house builder, has appointed Scott Chamberlin to its board as divisional managing director with responsibility for strategic land
- Smurfit Kappa UK has appointed a former SCA Recycling director, Chris Collier, as its new managing director.
- Bouygues UK has appointed Rob Bradley as its chief executive following the resignation of Lionel Christolomme
- Kier has appointed ex-Carillion building operations director James Hindes to run its aviation and defence operation
- Bristol Airport’s new Chief Executive Officer, Dave Lees joins today.
- Tideway – the company building London’s Thames Tideway ‘supersewer’ tunnel – has appointed a new chief financial officer, Mathew Duncan
- Aecom this week named Colin Wood as the replacement for its HS2-bound infrastructure boss.
- Biffa is pleased to announce the appointment of Richard Pike to the Board of the Company as CFO.
- Richard Tarrant has been appointed head of commercial at Amey, joining the UK-based Ferrovial subsidiary from Renewi where he was commercial director
- Chris Connolly has joined Persimmon Homes West Midlands as new technical director and is based at its Wolverhampton office
- Crest Nicholson has appointed Adrian Bohr as managing director of its eastern division.
- The former boss of Balfour Beatty’s UK construction arm has joined Interserve as a non-executive director, Nick Pollard
- Mace has brought in two former Carillion bosses to boost its infrastructure team at its Manchester office. Richard Dinsdale has joined the contractor as operations director, while Mark Holmes has been appointed associate director
- Legal & General Homes has appointed Chris Sly as finance director in a move to strengthen its housebuilding business
- Former Wates Residential managing director Joanne Jamieson has been appointed to head the North and Midlands operation of housebuilder and refurb specialist United Living