Insurance People Moves: September 2018
by Mike Davies, Director at Norman Broadbent Interim
The following appointments have all taken place during the last few months, covering the full breadth of the wider insurance marketplace.
If you would like to discuss the insurance market or how Norman Broadbent Interim Management can help your business, please contact Mike on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7484 0067 for an initial and confidential discussion.
- HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited (“HDFC Life”) appointments
- The Company notes the announcement by HDFC Life today of the following Board appointments:
- Ms Vibha Padalkar has been appointed Managing Director and CEO for a period of 3 years with effect from today’s date.
- Mr Suresh Badami has been appointed as a Whole-time Director for a period of 3 years commencing on 17 September 2018.
- Former QBE Insurance Group Ltd. head John Neal will take over from Inga Beale as CEO of Lloyd’s of London
- JLT Re hired Michel Fontaine as partner in its Paris office.
- Chubb Ltd. named Mike Berry head of surety for Europe
- Liberty Specialty Markets hired Ronan Gerety as general manager of insurance for Germany
- Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Ltd. recruited Sandy Codding as global head for cyber and technology
- Standard Chartered has announced the appointment of David Whiteing as Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allianz Insurance has appointed Gabriele Tischler to the role of director, market management & brand
- Everest Insurance, the diversified specialty insurance division of Everest Re Group, has announced the addition of Vincent Vandendael as ceo of Everest Insurance. International
- Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society (LV=) has appointed Tanya Lawler as an independent non-executive director
- AXA PPP appoints Richard Saunders as key client director
- Chris Macklin will take the role of chief risk officer at the Manchester-headquartered firm Peer-to-peer business lender Assetz Capital has appointed industry heavyweight
- Aviva Investors has appointed former New Look executive Sue Jarvis in the newly created role of retail asset management director
- Lloyd’s Market Association (LMA), which represents the interests of the Lloyd’s underwriting community, has appointed Sheila Cameron as its new CEO
- Allianz Insurance plc, the U.K. affiliate of Allianz SE, has appointed Fernley Dyson as chief financial officer
- American International Group, Inc. (NYSE:AIG) announced that Thomas Lillelund will join as Chief Executive Officer of AIG Europe
- Chubb has announced the appointment of Janet Edeyas Head of Management Liability for the UK and Ireland
- FINANCIAL sector veteran Fiona McBain, formerly chief executive of Glasgow-based Scottish Friendly, has been appointed as a non-executive director of insurer Direct Line
- Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM) has recruited James Crossley as head of UK retail sales reuniting him with former Jupiter colleague Simon Hynes
- Tilney has hired former Royal London chief operating officer Andy Grant as its head of financial planning division as it eyes fresh acquisitions
- The London Market Group (LMG) has named Clare Lebecq as its new CEO
- Association of British Insurers Appoints Andy Watson as Chair of General Insurance Council
- LV= Appoints Georgina Farrell as HR Director
- Standard Chartered hires Tracey McDermott as group head of compliance
- Martin Stewart will join Coventry Building Society on Sept. 1 as a nonexecutive director.
- AXA names Claudio Gienal as new CEO of UK and Ireland
- Today (26 June), Phoenix announced Susan McInnes, an existing member of the Phoenix executive committee, will be appointed CEO of Standard Life Assurance.
- Jim McConville, Phoenix group finance director, will continue in his role, and take on additional responsibilities as group director for Scotland.
- Jonathan Pears, currently chief risk officer at Standard Life, will replace Ms McInnes as Phoenix group chief risk officer on completion of the transaction.
- John McGuigan, currently managing director for customer Operations at Standard Life, will join as group head of customer, focused on creating the best customer experience across the enlarged group.
- Andy Moss remains the CEO of Phoenix Life, and will oversee Phoenix’s traditional heritage business of closed-book activity.