Industrial People Moves: October 2018
The following appointments have all taken place during the last few months, covering the full breadth of the wider Industrial marketplace.
If you would like to discuss the Industrial marketplace or how Norman Broadbent can help your business, please contact Nick Behan on email@example.com or +44 (0) 0207 484 0106 or Tony Robinson on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7355 6930
- Airbus has chosen the recently appointed head of its flagship commercial aircraft division as its new chief executive, Guillaume Faury. Airbus has appointed Christian Scherer to chief commercial officer.
- Great Portland Estates has called on property and finance veteran Richard Mully as its new chairman.
- ENERGY businesses SSE and Innogy have appointed Martin Read as chairman designate of the business that will be formed by the merger of their retail arms.
- Centrica has hired Richard Hookway to run the company’s struggling business unit.
- Aston Martin has named several new board directors as it sets its sights on a place in the FTSE 100 following its stock market flotation later this year.
- The company named former RBS director Penny Hughes as chairman.
The non-executive directors named are:
* Former InterContinental Hotels chief executive Richard Solomons
* Former Sainsbury’s executive Imelda Walsh
* Former Deutsche Bank and Deloitte director Peter Espenhahn
* Director of the Arab British Chambers of Commerce Lord Matthew Carrington
* Professor of Business and Society, Professor Tensie Whelan
- MILLER HOMES Miller Homes, a large UK national house builder, has appointed Scott Chamberlin to its board as divisional managing director with responsibility for strategic land.
- Phelan Energy, a solar energy developer founded by former beef processor Paschal Phelan, has hired Jon Dyar Boles, a seasoned project finance operator, to head up its international headquarters in Dublin.
- Aer Lingus chief executive will be succeeded by Sean Doyle, who is currently director of network, fleet and alliances at fellow IAG-owned group British Airways.
- British Airways parent International Airlines Group has appointed Flybe executive Vincent Hodder to run its low-cost carrier Level.
- Flybe has appointed former fighter pilot and assistant chief of air staff in the Ministry of Defence (MoD) Sir Timothy Anderson as chief operating officer.
- Bristol Airport (BRS/EGGD) has said it has appointed three new directors including a new Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Jason Clark joins the airport having previously been the CFO for Condor Ferries, the main ferry operator between the UK, France and the Channel Islands.
- Graeme Gamble has been appointed as Chief Operating Officer (COO) to replace retiring Operations Director, Paul Davies. Graeme will join in January 2019 from NATS, where he is currently responsible for air traffic control services at seven UK airports. Graeme also spent two years with the Civil Aviation Authority as an aerodrome inspector and has also held key operational roles at London City Airport and Cardiff Airport.
- The 3rd appointment is Debbie Hartshorn who has been promoted to the position of People Director
- British Airways today announced that Andrew Brem is appointed Chief Commercial Officer and a member of the British Airways Management Committee
- UK airport group MAG has promoted Jonathan Haigh and Andrew Blackshaw to lead its property operation.
- McCarthy & Stone PLC:* DIRECTORATE CHANGE* ANNOUNCES APPOINTMENT OF JOHN TONKISS AS CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER