Insurance Risk People Moves: November 2018
The following appointments have all taken place during the last few months, covering the full breadth of the wider insurance and risk marketplace.
If you would like to discuss the insurance market or how we can help your business please contact either Mike Davies, head of Interim Insurance practice on email@example.com or David Cooper head of Insurance Search Practice on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Polaris has hired Gallagher’s ex-chief digital officer Vivek Banga as its managing director.
- Beazley chief underwriting officer, Neil Maidment, will take up a position on the Lloyd’s board after he retires from Beazley next month.
- Zurich has appointed two heads of broking as the company moves to strengthen its relationship with regional brokers. The insurer appointed Michelle Taylor as head of the broker market for the South East and Matt Perkin in the same role to lead the Midlands, Southwest and Wales geographies.
- Axa has appointed Amelie Breitburd as its chief financial officer for the UK and Ireland.
- Former Brightside CEO, Mark Cliff has been appointed as non-executive director of Evolution Claims Management.
- Asta has appointed Paul Jardine, former UK CEO of XL Catlin, as independent non-executive chairman
- Covéa Insurance’s commercial lines and high net worth director, Simon Cooter will step down next year.
- LV has appointed Barry Smith as senior independent director, subject to regulatory approval
- Gilles Normand has stepped down from the CEO job at Swinton following its acquisition by Ardonagh
- Mark Neale CEO of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, will step down from his role.
- Aon makes senior appointment to Asia reinsurance business – Richard Jones joins from Guy Carpenter
- IGI appoints chief technology officer – Nasser Zagha joins from the Bank of Jordan to take up the newly created role
- Canopius swoops on Markel for head of claims – Gabrielle Folliard will join in early 2019
- AIG appoints Peter Bilsby to lead global specialty business – Executive will remain chief executive of Talbot until successor is found
- Ex-Axa chief joins ethical investment firm – Henri de Castries will join the global leadership council of LeapFrog Investments
- Axa XL appoints London market wholesale CUO – Dan Curran takes over from Paul Greensmith