Supply Chain & Procurement People Moves: January 2019
The following appointments have all taken place during the last few months, covering the full breadth of the wider Supply Chain & Procurement marketplace.
If you would like to discuss the Supply Chain or Procurement marketplace or how Norman Broadbent can help your business, please contact Neal Mankey on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7484 0116 or James Peskett on email@example.com or +44 (0) 20 7355 6936
- McLaren announces the appointment of Steve Button as Procurement Director.
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. today announced that effective immediately Carl Smiley is appointed to the new role of Chief Purchasing & Supply
- Beauty and personal care brand Avon Products has named Vikram Agarwal as its new senior vice-president and chief supply chain officer. Avon Products has also announced the appointment of David Hernandez as Chief Procurement Officer, effective January 7, 2019.
- Crisis-stricken Patisserie Valerie has appointed former Tulip UK MD Jose Peralta as director of food production and supply.
- Oil and Gas UK has appointed a new member to its board to further bolster the industry body’s ongoing efforts to maximise economic recovery from the North Sea and reaffirm strong competitive conditions. Sian Lloyd Rees, UK country manager and SVP of customer management at Aker Solutions, has been appointed to represent the services sector as the leading trade association looks to boost supply chain opportunities both at home and abroad.
- Logistics provider Wincanton has hired a new managing director for its Retail and Consumer division. Ian Keilty joins from foodservice company Sysco, where he was vice president of the European Supply Chain. He was previously chief operating officer at Brakes before its acquisition by Sysco.
- Dutch meat producer Vion has appointed Koen Van Bergen as its new director of livestock and supply chain.
- JLL is launching a supply chain consultancy offering clients advice on supply chain efficiencies and commercial real estate decisions.
- David Cutter has been appointed as Diageo’s first chief sustainability officer, in addition to his role as president of global supply and procurement. He also sits on Diageo’s executive committee and has been at Diageo over 15 years working across the global supply network.
- Kelly Bysouth has joined International Automotive Components (IAC) as chief supply chain officer, with global responsibility and operational control of procurement and logistics.
- AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets has appointed Thomas Karmann as head of logistics as it continues to build its network of experts, having recently appointed new specialists for hotels, student accommodation and residential
- DB Schenker has appointed three new members to its management board, making its decision makers younger and more international as the German logistics group’s parent considers spinning off the unit in 2019. The three appointed to Schenker’s management board are Xavier Garijo, 47, who will oversee contract logistics; Thorsten Meincke, 49, who will lead air and ocean freight; and Christian Drenthen, 52, who will take charge of land transport.