The following deals have all taken place during the last few months, covering the full breadth of the wider marketplace.
- Beringea has led a £9 million investment in AccessPay, the Manchester-based fin-tech company providing money transfer and fraud prevention technologies for corporate clients.
- Synova Capital sold insurance broker Stackhouse Poland to Arthur J Gallagher for around £275 million, generating a 5.6x return on its initial investment in 2014,
- Seafood restaurant chaIn Rockfish, operating in the South West of England, has received a multimillion-pound investment from Gresham House with the aim of tripling the number of restaurants over the next four years.
- Investment funds including Apollo have sold hot tub manufacturer Jacuzzi to Italian PE firm Investindustrial for an undisclosed sum. The company reported sales of £388 million in 2018
- Edition Capital has announced its second investment in London-based Hotpod Yoga, Europe’s largest yoga business. The deal secures £1.6m to support the next stage of Hotpod’s expansion and franchise development. Investment is being made through Edition EIS, a high-growth portfolio service focused on Leisure opportunities.
- ￼YYX Capital has purchased London-based Mahabis, rescuing the luxury slippers brand from administration. In 2016 – 2017, Mahabis took in sales of £25 million and profits of £2.5 million;
- Beringea has a led a £6.5 million investment in Exonar, a data privacy and cyber security company, alongside existing investors Downing Ventures, Amadeus Capital Partners and Winton Ventures
- Augmentum Fintech has announced a £4 million investment into Farewell, a start-up that enables UK customers to write and manage their own will online
- Goldman Sachs has taken a stake in UK digital wealth manager Nutmeg as part of a £45 million funding round.
- Acuris, the owner of Mergermarket, is reported to have attracted interest from US and European private equity groups after putting the financial information service business up for sale following a valuation of more than £1 billion,