Industrial People Moves: January 2019
The following appointments have all taken place during the last few months, covering the full breadth of the wider Industrial marketplace.
If you would like to discuss the Industrial marketplace or how Norman Broadbent can help your business, please contact Nick Behan on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 0207 484 0106 or Tony Robinson on email@example.com or +44 (0) 20 7355 6930
- McLaren has recently strengthened their board and their leadership team with some key appointments.
- Luddon Construction has announced the appointments of Allan Randall and Alex Morrison as Joint Managing Directors of Luddon Construction
- Berkshire Hathaway’s paint company Benjamin Moore names 32-year company veteran Dan Calkins as CEO to succeed Mike Searles, who has retired.
- Ancon has announced the appointment of Peter McDermott as Group Managing Director, effective January 1, 2019.
- Haag-Streit UK(HS-UK), the leading manufacturer and distributor of gold-standard optometry and ophthalmic equipment, is pleased to announce the appointment of Anna Niedzwiecka into the role of Buyer.
- Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, has appointed Catherine Ward to lead their building design work in the higher and further education markets across the M62 corridor.
- Hyundai Motor has named Albert Biermann as its first foreign head of research and development, part of a management shake-up as the company’s heir-apparent Chung Euisun prepares to succeed his father and chairman Chung Mong-koo
- K. natural-gas and electricity-network operator National Grid PLC appointed interim Chief Financial Officer Andy Agg as permanent finance chief, effective Jan. 1
- Jennifer Rudder has been appointed as the new Finance Director for Apollo Fire Detectors Ltd and will be responsible for the company’s global finance and IT teams.
- Ian Ashton joins Low & Bonar following his appointment as the company’s new Group Chief Financial Officer.
- AIRBUS has appointed new finance and operations chiefs as the pan-European plane maker overhauls its leadership team amid internal strife. The company has hired Dominik Asam, chief financial officer at the German chipmaker Infineon Technologies, as its new finance boss, replacing Harald Wilhelm. Michael Schöllhorn will become chief operating officer, taking over from veteran Tom Williams, who has spent almost 50 years in the aerospace industry and over the last two decades held top jobs at Airbus, where he was the most senior Briton in the business.
- Velocys plc announces the appointment of Henrik Wareborn as Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director with immediate effect.
- Melrose has poached Peter Dilnot, chief executive of Renewi, the quoted waste management company, to become its new chief operating officer.
- The RES Group (Renewable Energy Systems), one of the world’s leading renewable energy developers, has appointed Rachel Ruffle as its chief executive officer for Northern Europe – UK & Ireland, Germany and Scandinavia.
- Xylem has appointed a new managing director for the UK and Ireland, who will oversee both the sales and services division of the business. Jason Howlett steps into the role having worked in the water industry for 18 years.