- Our client, a FTSE 100 International Financial Services business, was experiencing an unprecedented period of growth and change, centred around digital ways of working.
- At the same time it had become apparent that a major overhaul was needed in the Information Security function, in order to keep up with the pace of change both inside and outside of the company.
- Norman Broadbent were mandated to appoint a Chief Information Security Officer to lead this cultural change programme across a highly federated, multi product organisation.
- Norman Broadbent mapped out key industries across regulated environments and identified Chief Information Security Officers that were driving, or had driven, successful technology enabled change. In addition, as functional experts in Technology Security & Digital, we were able to bolster the list with people that we knew well from our own trusted networks.
- We were able to spread the net wide and look at multiple sectors for this role, as the client recognised that this level of change required experience from different sectors. This in turn would allow for new thinking and innovation to compliment the already existing, wealth of risk management experience within the business.
- Comprehensive stages of assessment were applied to the selection of the short listed candidates for this role, as they are for all leadership positions. Special care was taken to find ‘board ready’ candidates that could influence at the highest levels in the simplest terms.
- Within six weeks, we provided our client with a comprehensive short list of highly qualified and diverse candidates. Throughout the clients interview process it became clear that there were two strong contenders for the role and a decision was only made after presentations were made, to the Chairman and non-exec board.
- This appointment was made completely out of sector but, as the candidate had operated in regulated businesses, shown aptitude for sector change in the past and had excellent influencing skills, they were the right choice. They have been in post for six months now and are achieving excellent results and high praise within the organisation.
- A leading Financial Services business were starting out on a major information security transformation, they required a highly experienced CISO to lead this cultural change programme.
- Norman Broadbent carried out an exhaustive search across multiple regulated sectors in order to track down CISO’s that were capable of delivering this major initiative.
- Rather than focus on the financial services sector, NB cast the net far and wide, looking for talent with multi sector experience. This was essential to bring a broad perspective and innovative thinking to the business.
For a confidential call to discuss how Norman Broadbent Group could help you overcome your business or people challenges please contact Neil Pilkington at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ross Stacey at email@example.com