Group Diversity Policy
Norman Broadbent Group is an inclusive employer: we promote equality and inclusion from recruitment and selection, through to training and development, promotion, reward, recognition and retirement.
We are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. We support our supply chain and encourage companies who work with us to have an active commitment to our approach on equality and inclusion.
We aim to be one of the UK’s top providers of Talent Acquisition and Advisory services. To accomplish this we must be diverse. It is well proven that diverse teams are more innovative, creative, as well as having greater understanding of clients.
As an organisation we have a clear commitment to try and build a business which is more reflective of the diverse society we live in.
NBC and the NB Group as a whole have an established presence in promoting diversity. The following is an incomplete but illustrative example of this presence:
- Norman Broadbent Group is a founding signatory to the Voluntary Code for Executive Search Firms and a participant of the 30% Club. We are proud of our track record and reputation in helping our clients achieve their diversity goals and objectives.
- We have been working recently with a FTSE100 business, (one of the biggest employers in Europe) to revamp their senior management competency model. We conducted a detailed review of the model in order to identify unconscious bias using the ACAS guidelines.
- We have also recently been involved in a consulting project to identify a potential Adverse Impact problem in a (very) high profile UK employer operating in a high profile, regulated sector.
- NBC is one of the few licenced corporate assessment service providers in the UK to use the CPP method that is recognised as being a “global industry standard” method of measuring intellectual skills free from Adverse Impact.
- NBC ensure that all psychometric tests, measures and other techniques that we use, accord with best practice in minimising the risk that they discriminate against any minority group.